Network Administrator II - St. Joseph, MI
The Network Administrator II is responsible for ensuring the stability and integrity of network services by supporting server, telecommunication, desktop and network infrastructure. This is achieved by participating with the installation, monitoring, maintenance, support and optimization of various technologies dealing with the network, server and desktop infrastructure. Most notably, data backup\recovery and network security responsibilities are a critical element of this position.
To apply please visit our website at https://unitedfcu.com/about-us/careers/
Essential Functions, in Priority Order
1. Complete responsibility for organization’s data backup systems including physical backup as well as virtual backup responsibilities. Ensure the organization’s various information and data repositories are backed up and restorable. Identify and mitigate risk to the backup systems. Time 35%
2. Install, configure, support, maintain, and troubleshoot multiple server operating systems and applications. Hardware includes various types of both physical and virtual-based application and data servers. Applications will include credit union specific applications as well as industry standard functions such as Active Directory and Microsoft Exchange. Handle critical tasks dealing with network security. Time: 25%
3. Assist desktop support staff in ensuring satisfactory service levels are achieved for staff and member issues by providing second level support for network and desktop infrastructure. Time: 10%
4. Project research, planning, implementation, and testing. Time: 10%
5. Documentation and software licensing control/tracking. Time: 5%
6. Maintain user security for email and network access. Time: 5%
7. Monitor security using various reporting and scanning tools on a daily basis. Time: 5%
8. Provide structured and unstructured technical training. Time: 5%
Education and experience
Associate’s degree in Computer Science or related field preferred, plus five year's hands-on experience required. Advanced certification(s) such as MCSA or CCNA preferred.
In addition to the education requirement:
Minimum 5 years of hands-on experience installing, configuring and troubleshooting server and networking environments required.
One industry leading certification required (Network +, Security +, Server+, MTA, CCENT, etc.)
Additionally one advanced certification (MCSA, MCSE, CCNA, CCNP,etc…)is required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Must have demonstrated communication skills and an effective, positive approach to staff relationships.
Must possess a high degree of technical expertise in the software and hardware facilities commonly used in the organization.
Must possess a strong ability to analyze problems and prioritize urgency based on the risk of the problem to the organization.
Ability to serve as backup to the System Engineer in a limited capacity.
Dealing with Ambiguity
Drive for Results
Integrity and Trust
Analysis and interpretation of systems (hardware and software) used within the organization in order to implement system performance, security and efficiency standards.
Strong conceptual, practical application, and problem-solving skills and techniques.
Tools and Equipment Used
Personal computers (desktop and laptops)
File, print and application servers
Tape backup units
Network switches, routers and hubs
Help Desk Case Management tool
Automated software distribution utilities
Diagnostic and benchmarking utilities
Respond to cellular phone communication as determined by manager.
Daily, personal/written/phone contact with management.
Daily, personal/written/phone contact with Credit Union staff.
As necessary, personal/written/phone contact with strategic partners and vendors.
Work involves standing and walking for brief periods of time, but most work is done from a seated position. There is potential for eyestrain from prolonged work at the computer. Individual must be able to travel to complete applicable assignments, projects and training. Deadlines, workloads and pressure to achieve goals may cause increased stress levels. Occasionally may be required to lift 50-100 pounds. Individual must be capable of maneuvering under and around office furniture.
Internal -- work is normally performed in climate controlled office environment, where exposure to conditions of extreme heat/cold, poor ventilation, fumes and gases is very limited. Noise level is moderate and includes sounds of normal office equipment (computers, telephones, etc). No known environmental hazards are encountered in normal performance of duties. Length of day is unpredictable; long hours may be required to accommodate deadlines or special meetings.
External -- Some travel is required; however, information on environmental conditions is not available.
St. Joseph, Michigan, United States