Outbound Sales Member Service Advisor- St. Joseph, MI
The MSA - Outbound Calling will generate new sales and reinforce Member relationships through outbound calls to existing Members and non-Members to offer new products and services and onboard new Members. The MSA will be responsible for contacting Members and held accountable for performance goals related to relationship selling.
Please visit our website to apply: https://unitedfcu.com/about-us/careers/
Essential Functions, in Priority Order
- Responsible for initiating and tracking sales contacts with provided leads through outbound calling activity and relationship management systems. Responsible for achieving sales goal expectations according to the budget and business plan. All sales recommendations will be conducted with a consultative sales approach to create a Member experience that is in line with our values. Time: 50%
- Responsible for the sale and delivery credit union loan, deposit, investment, electronic, and convenience products and services. This includes gathering information to complete loan applications, evaluating credit reports, offering solutions to Members, and submitting recommendations based on established lending guidelines. Time: 40%
- Responsible for providing accurate, complete and consistent documentation in a timely manner; obtaining and maintaining a high level of knowledge of all credit union products and services; and participating in and contributing to training and team development. Time: 10%
Education and experience
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Some college preferred.
- Two years experience years’ experience in a related field preferred.
- NMLS registration required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good business writing skills.
- Computer literacy and keyboarding skills.
- Thorough knowledge of lending principles.
- Analysis and resolution skills.
- Self-motivated with demonstrated sales skills.
- Knowledge of Credit Union products, services and banking regulations.
- Ability and willingness to adapt to continual change.
- Problem Solving
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Time Management
- Demonstrates Courage
- Drive for Results
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Customer Focus
- Integrity and Trust
- Ability to identify Member and staff needs.
- Ability to use good judgment and make sound decisions quickly.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Proven problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to concentrate in a multi-task environment.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude when resolving Member/staff issues.
Tools and Equipment Used
- All available general office equipment as needed.
- All available computer software and hardware as needed.
- Daily, personal/written/phone contact with MSA staff.
- Daily, personal/written/phone contact with Credit Union managers.
- Daily, personal/written/phone contact with Credit Union Members.
Work involves standing and walking for brief periods of time, but most work is done from a seated position. There is potential for eyestrain from reading the computer screen. Must be able to talk and keyboard simultaneously. Deadlines, workloads and pressure to achieve goals may cause increased stress levels.
Internal -- Work is normally performed in climate controlled office environment, where exposure to conditions of extreme heat/cold, poor ventilation, fumes and gases is very limited. Noise level is moderate and includes sounds of normal office equipment (computers, telephones, etc). No known environmental hazards are encountered in normal performance of duties. Length of day is unpredictable; long hours may be required to accommodate deadlines, Board and committee meetings.
External – Periodic overnight travel may be required.
St. Joseph/Buchanan, Michigan, United States