User Interface DeveloperThe primary role of an employee in the R & D Department is to produce software for use by B&L customers and internal staff. Each Software Development Engineer will be assigned a secondary role within the department that will more align with their day-to-day activities. This list of expectations and duties is not all-inclusive:
Primary Expectations and Duties
· Write computer programs for use in B&L's software packages or to support B&L's software packages.
· Research and design new application features and functions
· Write specifications for new features, functions, and modules to be included in B&L's software.
· Write help text and other reference materials for any features, functions, and modules coded.
· Detail testing of coded features, functions and modules
· Assisting the QA team with version and maintenance release testing including formal regression tests.
· Continued education and learning of Odyssey's processes and functions
· Continued education in software development, specifically the development environments used by B&L
· Knowledge transfer and training of enhancements to B&L staff
· Assist in troubleshooting of customer reported issues
· Additional duties as assigned and required
· Analytical thinking
· Expert in analysis and troubleshooting
· Problem solver
· Able to think outside the box when appropriate, pragmatic when not
User Interface Developer Role Information
The role of User Interface Developer is to develop and support the user interface (UI) components of B&L's ERP application. Additional specific duties include:
· Design, code, and support the UI framework that is the foundation of the application
· Design, code and support specific application screens that do not fit into the application framework
· Design and implementation of the graphical components of the UI
· Design and develop icons, images, and other graphics used by the UI
· Write clear and concise documentation of the UI framework for internal support
· Research of new UI technologies
Specific Knowledge and Skillsets
· Expert in C# programming language
· Proficient in .NET
· Understand and use object-oriented programming concepts
· Use source control software
· Proficient in Microsoft Office products
· Understanding of database design elements
· Proficient in Windows operating system
Interested in joining our amazing software development team? Email a resume and cover letter to Careers@BLInfo.com
Veterans are encouraged to apply for B&L Information position openings. B&L Information Systems is an equal opportunity employer.
Benefits of working at B&L....
Located near the beautiful Michigan shore, nestled in the heart of vineyards and hops farms, for over 40 years B&L has been creating software that enables manufacturing companies to flourish. We’d love for you to join us!
· Culture of work/life balance
· Wellness benefits
· Educational assistance
· Collaborative atmosphere
· 10 paid holidays
· 1 week of personal time + 1 week of vacation (increasing to 2 weeks vacation after 1 year of employment)
· 4% safe harbor 401K match (after 1 year of employment)
Be sure to check us out on Facebook to get a sense of who we are